Architects Sweden has a temporary one-year membership for architects who have submitted documentation for evaluation by the Swedish Council for Higher Education and are waiting for a decision.
There are an increasing number of architects who wish to become members. Before we can grant them membership, their qualifications need to be evaluated by the Swedish Council for Higher Education. The evaluation can take up to one year. During this time, architects may require help from Architects Sweden with employment contracts and salary negotiations, among other things.
Architects Sweden therefore offers a temporary one-year membership for architects who have submitted documentation for evaluation by the Swedish Council for Higher Education and are waiting for a decision.
- The requirement for temporary membership is the filing of a full membership application and that Architects Sweden has assessed it reasonable to assume that the Swedish Council for Higher Education will make a positive evaluation, as the applicant has, for example, completed a five-year study programme at university level with a major in architecture. Application form
- Membership is limited to 12 months.
- During the temporary membership, the member is entitled to the same rights and obligations as full members.
- The member may use the membership title but not the professional title.
- The member is not entitled to income insurance during the period of temporary membership; however, this period may be considered in order to fulfil the requirement of one year’s membership in the association when the temporary membership becomes an active membership.
- If, after 12 months, the member is unable to obtain a positive evaluation from the Swedish Council for Higher Education, the membership will be terminated.