Social insurances

When you are employed in Sweden, your social insurances are paid for by the employer or are included in your taxes. These include sick pay/sickness benefit, health insurance, parental insurance and pension.

When you are unable to work because of sickness or you need to take care of your child, you get 80 percent of your normal salary.

The social insurances also include pension. It is essential that you see to that you get the pension scheme stipulated in a collective agreement, not only the scheme stipulated by law.

If you are self-employed, you need to arrange for your pension (except the one stipulated by law) yourself.

The only social insurance that you, as an employee, have to register for yourself is the unemployment insurance.